I was thinking the same thing myself. I searched at the archive http://www.nabble.com/Maven---Users-f178.html
for "timestamp" and the one of the better threads seems to be
http://www.nabble.com/Can-I-get-a-timestamp--tf3183791s177.html#a8836362

-Ken

Wayne Fay wrote:
This comes up pretty often, in fact, it has come up at least once a week lately.

Search the list archives for "timestamp".

Wayne

Does Maven or one of it's plugins support date/time stamping? In
particular, I'd like to add the build date to my Manifests with something
like

<plugin>
 <configuration>
   <archive>
     <manifestEntries>
       <Build-Time>${now}</Build-Time>
     </manifestEntries>
   </archive>
 </configuration>
</plugin>

Thanks
Robert Egan

This email message and any attachments may contain confidential,
proprietary or non-public information.  The information is intended solely
for the designated recipient(s).  If an addressing or transmission error
has misdirected this email, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy this email.  Any review, dissemination, use or reliance upon this
information by unintended recipients is prohibited.  Any opinions
expressed in this email are those of the author personally.