I've seen enough people asking for a M2 Macker plugin in the last few
months/year that I finally decided to go ahead and write one myself.
In my limited testing, it works great, but I am not really a Macker
user so I'll need some feedback from people to improve it.

I will be submitting it to the Mojo sandbox shortly. I will post
another message when it is available -- you will need to download the
code and "mvn install" it on your own machine before using it, just
like all plugins in the sandbox.

Just wanted to let you know. For now, the rules need to be stored in
an external macker-rules.xml file but I will see about allowing the
configuration directly in the pom.xml file as well.

Wayne