Hello,

I am trying to setup a project like this:

MyProj/
   +-------pom.xml
   +-------MyProj-Core/pom.xml
   +-------MyProj-Integration-Tests/pom.xml

MyProj-Core and MyProj-Integration-Tests are both modules of and MyProj. What I would like to do is setup MyProj-Integration-Tests so that it will take the output of 'mvn package' from MyProj-Core, unarchive it (install it) and run some tests on it.

Effectively, I'd like to create some tests that exercise our project the same way they would be used when installed on a machine.

Is there a way to do this?

At a basic starting point, even with MyProj-Core being a dependancy of MyProj-Integration-Tests, running 'mvn compile' in MyProj- Integration-Tests doesn't trigger a build in MyProj-Core.

--
Joshua ChaitinPollak
Software Engineer