On Sep 5, 2007, at 7:12 PM, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

Thanks for giving it a try Joshua, see comments inline

On 9/5/07, Joshua ChaitinPollak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey guys,

just a quick note, I uninstalled M2Eclipse and installed Q4E and gave
it a shot. All the core functionality seems to be there (dependancy
management is the big one for me) and importing from a project pom
seems to work (although It didn't seem to import a multilayer
project, I had to import each module separately, but thats ok for me).

if you point it to a folder with a pom that has <modules> it will
import all of them, and recursively, I do it all the time

Hum, I tried that, and it only seemed to import the first module, not the second. I like how m2eclipse lets you select which one to import.

One annoying thing: I accidentally selected the 'maven reports' option, not realizing (though I should have) that this would run 'mvn site', which would run 'mvn test'. running the unit tests takes the better part of 45 minutes from the command line, and it seems to run even slower through q4e and eclipse. I tried clicking the 'cancel' button, but that doesn't seem to help, its still churning along.

At least it seems to be running the tests correctly, but unfortunately, because its running, I can't save any files, even on OTHER projects, which means I can't really work in the background.

we are working on adding a good dependency search in the future (1-2
months) and plan to take a look to other options for displaying the
dependencies

Very cool.

So far so good, I hope the m2eclipse and q4eclipse projects can work
together in the future.

we all work on the underlying Maven integration (the maven embedder),
we just take different approaches on the UI

Thanks for the feedback!

No problem, keep up the good work!

--
Joshua ChaitinPollak