On 9/7/07, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I started the Derby Database server on the Continuum machine.  It is
> listening on port 1527.  In my JSP page deployed on an Application
> Server on another machine in the same network I have the code:
>
> Connection connection =
> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby://<Continuum IP>:1527/<Continuum
> File System Database");
>
> However, upon accessing the JSP page I receive:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to
> server <ip> on port 1527 with message Connection refused: connect.

>From playing with this a bit in the past, I remember that by default
the Derby Network Server only allows connections from the same machine
it's running on.  You'll need to configure it to allow external
connections.

Google turned up this:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/adminguide/cadminnetservsecurity.html

The Derby mailing list can probably help with related questions;
subscription info is here:  http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_mail.html

--
Wendy