On 9/19/07, Tim Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.  I want the properties to be available both at
> build time (e.g., to be used in packaging) and runtime (e.g., to be used
> to locate other resources that are relative to directory property
> values).

I still don't have the full picture of what you need.  In general,
finding the "top" of the project is problematic-- there's no guarantee
the entire project is sitting on disk, ideally the build should work
if you check out a portion of it, by retrieving snapshots of the other
modules from a repository.

Seems like you need to generate the .properties file and then get it
on the classpath, rather than worry about exactly where to find it.
One way to do that is to put the .properties file in a jar that is
then depended on by other modules.

--
Wendy