Building a test project shows that actually the property resolution
seems fine (so is getting the right version), it's just not invoking
the plugin - instead I get

ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] 'mymojo' was specified in an execution, but not found in the plugin

Which is odd - the task is definitely there (I can see it in the
descriptor in the repository), and it works in isolation, just not
when invoked by the reactor..

Anyone got any good ideas?