<<How do I package the corporate pom?  Do I just upload it to archiva in
a directory called corporate-pom with just the pom.xml file in there?>>

No. This is a Maven project like any other. Just have the following in
your POM:

<project>
  <packaging>pom</packaging>
</project>

Then use the Maven deploy plugin ("mvn deploy").

Note that you should follow standard release procedure. i.e. if you are
not releasing a snapshot you should set "-DperformRelease=true" and you
should have this tagged in your version control system (or just use the
release plugin).

--
Daniel Siegmann
FJA-US, Inc.