Hi,
I intend to use the assembly plugin for a very simple task. I need it to war
up a folder structure into a WAR file. The folder is already in a WAR format
(infact it is an exploded war file) that I modify via a custom mojo and then
I'm using the assembly plugin to war it back up again.

Sounds simple enough.. but I'm not able to get past the fact that the
war'red up file has the baseDirectory as the toplevel folder.

My folder structure is as below:
portal
    -> jsp1Folder
    -> jsp2Folder
    -> WEB-INF
        ->web.xml
        ->lib
                ->some.jar
                -anothe.jar
        ->classes
                someClass.class
                anotherClass.class

Here is my descriptor:

<assembly>
  <id>portal</id>
  <formats>
    <format>war</format>
  </formats>
  <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
  <baseDirectory>target/portal</baseDirectory>
  <fileSets>
    <fileSet>
        <includes>
                <include>target/portal/**</include>
                <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
        </includes>
    </fileSet>
  </fileSets>
</assembly>

When portal-portal.war is produced via the assembly plugin I get the
following structure in the war file that is produced:

        target
                -> portal
                            -> jsp1Folder
                            -> jsp2Folder
                            -> WEB-INF
                                ->web.xml
                                ->lib
                                        ->some.jar
                                        -anothe.jar
                                ->classes
                                        someClass.class
                                        anotherClass.class

How can I get the war file to look like:

    -> jsp1Folder
    -> jsp2Folder
    -> WEB-INF
        ->web.xml
        ->lib
                ->some.jar
                -anothe.jar
        ->classes
                someClass.class
                anotherClass.class

That is without the target/portal in the front of it!

Note that I have <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory> in the
descriptor.
I even tried different baseDirectories and no baseDirectory. Did not help.

I just can't seem to find the correct settings on the descriptor to make
this happen.

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance
Pankaj