Danger! Will Robinson! Danger!

How will you know that instrumenting your tests is not causing them to pass?

Seriously, we had hand tweaked the pom to run the tests only once when they
were instrumented, and as the instrumentation was forcing synchronisation
(in order to track code path execution) it was eliminating a major
concurrency bug that our unit tests were trying to prove was not there...

IMHO, you _want_ to run the tests twice.

-Stephen