Looks to me like the same error you pointed to in JIRA.

You can move your repository from the standard location under "Documents and
Settings\.m2" to somewhere else without a space in any folder name along the
path to it.

Here is what I put in my setting.xml (which I have not tried to move so its
still in c:\Documents and Settings\.m2.

<settings>
    <localRepository>d:\.m2\repository</localRepository>
</settings>

That one line, at the top of the settings.xml file will tell maven where to
expect the repository so the new version of ant will be happy with where its
jar is. Make sure the path you pick doesn't have any spaces in it.

If you move the repository, you might want to move all the contents to the
new location. If you don't, Maven will have to download everything one more
time. Also, you will have to install anything interesting that can't be
downloaded.

Just an idea occurred to me. I'm not sure it will work but you might try it
and it's unlikely to mess anything up.

You could go to your c: root folder in a dos box and type "dir /X" to show
the short name for the "Documents and Settings" folder. On my machine it's
"DOCUME~1" but it might be different on your machine. Then put the
<localRepository/> entry in your settings.xml showing the path to the
repository, without moving it, but including the short name for that one
folder.

On my machine that would be:

<settings>
    <localRepository>c:\DOCUME~1\.m2\repository</localRepository>
</settings>

Buy your short name, again, might be different.

-- Lee