I keep on telling everyone to use freestyle. It's a running joke between
myself and Peter Reilly (of ANT fame) that 90% of the issues with Hudson are
the Maven project type!

On a side note I have a plan for giving people what they like of the Maven
project type (i.e. modularised sub-reports) with the stability of the
freestyle project type, but I have not had the chance to roll it out yet

-Stephen