Insitu wrote:
Hello,
I would like to know what is the current status/plans of the various
javascript handling plugins out there. Few months ago there has been
some discussions on this topic and some talks about merging
projects. I am currently using jstools plugin, with jsunit for test
execution, and would like to know if someone has done work on
"verifying" or "compiling" the javascript, using eg. Rhino or other
parser to ensure syntactic correctness of javascript.

Is there something you need beyond a jslint report for syntax errors/best practices in general? You can get a jslint report from jstools see [1] for an example. Nicolas' javascript plugin over at codehaus also offers jslint checking.

If you need something else, I'm sure all js plugin authors would be interested to hear it. Personally, I have received very little feedback on the jstools plugin. I intent to add jsunit and ecmaunit support but have not figured out a really convenient way to do so from the user's point of view yet.

Regarding plugin merging, I personally think that me and Nicolas or the people over at mobilvox have developed our plugins having somewhat different viewpoints or actual problems to solve. This is actually great, since the whole Maven+JS thing (or java+JS, or webapp+js or whatever) is not mature/clear enough for anyone to come up with the "right" solution that does everything plus the kitchensink. Besides, M2 users can mix and match as they like in a POM.

[1] http://dev.abiss.gr/mvn-jstools/usage.html

Cheers,

Manos