Hello

I'm having many projects that share some dependencies and that should be packaged the same way. So I wanted to have a parent project configuring the maven-assembly-plugin.

I did this with the following  in the parent pom:

<plugin>
        <configuration>
                <descriptors>

<descriptor>../rwcf-apps/src/assembly/dist.xml</descriptor>
                </descriptors>
        </configuration>

This only works when the parent is checked out in a sibling directory of the child. If one just check out a child project without checking out the parent assembly:assembly wont work. Things work using a descriptorRef but the predefined descriptors don't do what I'm looking for.

Possibly ways to solve the issues might be:

   * have the plugin look up the descriptor from the parent rather
   * reference a descriptor with an http uri
   * include the content of descriptor directly in the pom

...but I didn't find a way to do it in any of these ways.

Any suggestion on how to make it possible to check out a single child-project and being able to assemble it?

If you would like to know more precisely what I'm doing, you may look at

   * The descriptor:

https://knobot.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/knobot/rwcf-apps/trunk/src/assembly/dist.xml
   * The parent pom:
     https://knobot.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/knobot/rwcf-apps/trunk/pom.xml