The above XML apparently only works when the POM's packaging is "jar". When
I execute this POM from a parent POM, who's packaging is "pom", the optional
ant task jar files are not included in and the ant tasks blow out w/ an
error. I can only exec "mvn install" in the same directory which has the POM
of packaing "jar". When I "cd .." and exec "mvn install" on the parent POM
who's packing is "pom" I get the error.

Any reason why the plugin dependency is lost?