I am writing a custom Maven plugin that wraps a code generation tool (BEA's
Java Web Service Compiler for Weblogic Server). The tool takes in java
source files and  generates java class files (i.e. it is a compiler). The
class files are different from what the "normal" Java compiler generates. I
have attached it to the compile phase of the normal build lifecycle. One
issue I have is that the java class files get generated twice: once by the
maven-compiler-plugin, and once by my custom plugin. I end up with two sets
of class files that are different (they are generated to different locations
by default). There are a couple of hacks I can do to solve this, but what I
really want is for my plugin to be used in place of the
maven-compiler-plugin, and only  for a particular module within my hierarchy
of modules. Is there a way to configure a project and/or its plugins to say
"normally you should use the maven-compiler-plugin to compile, but in this
one particular case, use my custom plugin instead"?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

Mike