You presented link to buildnumber-maven-plugin. I used
maven-buildnumber-plugin - this is quite different plugin i think. Can
anyone help with maven-buildnumber-plugin, please? Or maybe better way would
be to change plugin?

Nick Stolwijk wrote:

> No, not the scm tag. As you can see here [1] the buildnumber-plugin uses
> the scm-api and implementations of Maven.
>
> Hth,
>
> Nick S.
>
> [1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/buildnumber-maven-plugin/dependencies.html

>>> subdirectories (let's say 1.0 1.1 and 1.2). 1.0 was tagged at revision
>>> 1000,