I am trying to create a branch from a tag with the release plugin. I have a
checkout from trunk and try the following command:

mvn release:branch -Dtag=TestProject-1.4 -DbranchName=TestProject-1.4.x s
-DupdateBranchVersions=true

I was expecting that a branch (/branches/TestProject-1.4.x) was created from a
tag (/tags/TestProject-1.4) but it is created from the current trunk (/trunk).
It seems the -Dtag option doesn't do anything, because it is creating a branch
from the current trunk. Is it really necessary to checkout a tag before
branching it? I've looked at the ReleaseManager source and it seems the tag
option isn't considered at all.

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~