Hi,

It pretty much 'just works'. I have a multi module eclipse (Eclipse Europa
version) projects with WTP 2 enabled in the maven-eclipse-plugin
configuration.
No m2eclipse plugin (tried it - but put it aside) - just
maven-eclipse-plugin.

Just download sources of maven-eclipse-plugin - it has several test projects
that can give you an idea for configuring your projects.

JBoss Tools is built on top of WTP 2 and does exploded deployment right to
JBoss hot deploy directory.

Regards,
Siarhei