On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Todd Thiessen <thies...@nortel.com> wrote:
> When you say "yes it's right" does that mean that SNAPSHOT parents
> should automatically get downloaded or does that mean that SNAPSHOT
> parents should NOT automatically get downloaded.
>
> My snapshot Nexus repository is set to SNAPSHOT policy, which I believe
> is correct.

I guess I'm a little confused. We use SNAPSHOT parents all the time.
They get downloaded just like anything else.

>> > ie: Is this supported?
>> >
>> >   <parent>
>> >     <artifactId>theid</artifactId>
>> >     <groupId>thegroup</groupId>
>> >     <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> >   </parent>

Yep. Are you saying that, if no 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT already exists in your
local repository, but it does in the server repository, then it is not
downloaded by your local Maven run?

If so it sounds like your repository may not be configured to serve
snapshots, as Brian suggested. Maven should list the repositories it's
attempting to download from, and give you even more information if you
pass -X.

- John