Eugene,

I want to search for classes from time to time.

The situation is usually something where I have some code and the build
mechanism is either non-existent or unreadable. Sometimes its some source
code I found on a web page somewhere.

But there is, in that code, a reference to some other classes and I don't
know where they come from or which version it might be. I would like to find
the class in question so I know what jar to include when I build (or so I
know how to find the source).

Sometimes its some code that just puts /path-to-somewhere/lib/*.jar on the
classpath and that lib folder has 50 or 100 jars in it. It bothers my
sensibilities to include more than I really need in the classpath so I want
to know which jars it is.

Now, I know that this doesn't always help. If the class in question is named
"Info" or some other generic name and there are lots and lots of classes
around with that name, it nigh onto impossible to find.

It also doesn't help if the jars in that folder I mentioned above are
proprietary.

But there's a use case for you (or a user story if you prefer).

Thanks.

-- Lee