I tried every possible combination on settings.xml: without mirrors,
with mirrors defining snapshot a release repositories remove them.
Nothing. It seems that the build-in central repository configuration
cannot be override in settings.xml. While I debugged maven I find that
the "central" repository policy is always disabled no matter what.

However! If I put my snapshot repository url into the projects pom.xml
it works.

Csaba