profile activation defining skip false in the profile

Sent from my [rhymes with myPod] ;-)

On 22 May 2009, at 21:10, rajks <ra...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

The team here want to by default skip the test/integration-test targets when
doing mvn install i.e skip test.

They would like to explicitly pass a system property when they want to
execute the tests also. Particularly when we want an automated build
happening periodically on a build machine.

We have different profiles and hence we want to control the tests. We do not want to duplicate existing profiles and combine with this additional skip
test combination to produce more profiles.

The surefire plugin has a attribute
   <skip>boolean<skip>
that allows the test to be skipped. So by default to skip test we were
trying to do something like this

<skip> ! ${executeUnitTest} </skip> ( note negation of boolean )

and we have a property
   <properties>
      <executeUnitTest>false</executeUnitTest>
   </properties>

This way test is disabled by default.

To enable from command line we can then do

-DexecuteUnitTest=true

If I cannot use NEGATION then I have to do it other way which is not
intuitive

    <skip>${skipUnitTest}</skip>

And by default
   <properties>
      <skipUnitTest>true</skipUnitTest>
   </properties>

And from command line we have to do

-DskipUnitTest=false

The is like a negative logic.

I was looking for a way to keep it intuitive or if there some other way to
achieve this.

Thanks
Raj

mkr wrote:

Not sure the intent. But you can always *override* by passing in the key
as
system property.
mvn -DexecuteUnitTest=true ...

Thanks,