Did you try to use m2eclipse or q4e ?They'll be the future.

maven-eclipse-plugin will probably die under its own weight. There are too
many use cases and testing coverage isn't conclusive because we only checks
what we generate and not that we are able to import/use it in eclipse . We
have really few developpers involved in it and the darkness of the eclipse
configuration doesn't help. Now many settings are stored in files.

I'll try to have a look at MECLIPSE-443 but I cannot say when it will be. I
think it sould be better for you to be able to use plugins like m2eclipse or
q4e.

Arnaud