On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 3:29 PM, mavenusr<sundarva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> one last question. If i want to update the property files, will my jar file
> picksup the updates automatically or do i need to build it again?

Um... I thought the properties file wasn't in your JAR.

If you put the properties file in another directory besides the
resources directory, or if you exclude the properties files from the
jar, but the properties files are still in the /src/main/resources
directory, then your JAR will not rebuild if someone changes the
properties files.

HOWEVER, if the properties files are included in your jarfile. Yes,
your jarfile will rebuild.

Basically, whether your jar file rebuilds or not depends if any of the
files inside the jar are changed. I've found Maven pretty good at
keeping track of those types of things.

--
David Weintraub
qazw...@gmail.com