On Jul 07, 2005, at 18:18, Mike Marchywka wrote:

Thanks, I was afraid you might say that.
I'm trying to get the mmssend to distinguish binary from text
right now. At that point I should be able to send a diff.
I'm also hoping to test with a kannel fetch to see what
if any issues I avoided by using the nokia/port 80 fetch.

Have all of these issues been addressed elsewhere?

I should think so, unless my writing skills (www.mbuni.org/ userguide.shtml) are not what they used to be :) Still, tinkering is good, and we welcome your comments as you proceed. I will comment more fully once you've had a chance to send a diff.

If you like I can send you an mms message when I get it running.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf
Of Paul Bagyenda
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 11:10 AM
To: Mbuni MMS Gateway Users List
Subject: Re: [Users] comments on 0.9.9

Thanks Mike,

  Could you send me a unified diff so I can have a look and advise?
Also, perhaps lets continue this discussion on the devel list...

Thanks

Paul.

On Jul 07, 2005, at 14:36, Mike Marchywka wrote:

Hi,
I just got 0.9.9 to run with kannel 1.4.0 but I had to make a few
patches
and I am curious to know if I patched "bugs" becuase I didn't
unserstand how this
is supposed to work.
I used a nokia 6620 as a gsm modem and received notifications on
port 80 using
apache for reverse proxy. To get this to work, I had to do the
following:
1) The smsc_at code didn't know the modem was working, I had to
disable some checks
( still haven't figured out how it is supposed to work).
2) The generated names were too long- I had to truncate the

name in

mkqf()
3) Retrieval from directories didn't look quite right- I had to
further modify mkqf()
to always choose no subdir,
4) I had to force mmsproxy to ignore the is_allowed_ip test

since I

couldn't figure
out how to allow it.

So, it does seem to work but I think these modifications were
largely due to
an inability to figure out the configuration. The fact that I used
port 80/http
to fetch probably helped since I didn't have to deal with wap
settings.

********

***
Mike Marchywka