Hi, Mika [EMAIL PROTECTED]>!

    Althougth not sure about it, I don't think Mbuni can directly support GPRS connection currently through serial line. I am in search of this for quite for a while, and as you mentioned, only NowSMS's commercial product meets my need, and it is too expensive. But my partner have figured it out that by programming KJava or Symbian applicatons running on KJava/Symbian enabled mobiles, it is possible to archieve this goal. Since I am not familiar with KJava and Symbian, I have not digged into it.
    Hope it helps.

======== 2005-11-28 02:39:08 ========

Hi!

I want to send and receive MMS-messages with a mobile phone connected to serial/USB of Debian server.

I has configured Kannel to work as SMS-server (send and receive) and as WAP-gateway (GSM-modem not GPRS, is it possible to

use WAP-GPRS??) by a phone connected to serial port.

I know that MMS is different technology than SMS, but I want that my MMS-server can work as much as possible same way like  my SMS-server

works to end-user. Is it possible any level?

Can Mbuni do all things that  http://www.nowmms.com/whatisnowsms.htm can do?

Especially is this

http://www.nowmms.com/documentation/ProductDocumentation/mms_notifications_and_content/Connecting_to_operator_MMSC.htm#UsingGPRS

possible with Mbuni?

Is Gsm-modem too slow to do MMS in real situation?

I am building a mobile learning environment to MMS with my students with WWW-environment (PhP+MySql). Real MMS-gateways are so expencive to hire, so I must use some

simple solution I can build with one phone+server+mbuni.

Mika Setälä

teacher of mathemathics and computer sience

Finland