De: Thomas Sieh [mailto:ts...@gmx.de]
Enviado el: martes, 11 de mayo de 2010 18:09
Para: Cristian Padilla Duff
CC: ts...@gmx.de; users@mbuni.org
Asunto: Re: VASP needed?

I want to send and receive sms and mms on my computer (one computer for
all issues), which uses the mobile phone as interface to the world.
I want to manipulate and store the received messages at my computer.
MMS and SMS should only be send to other private handsets, no servers.

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 05:27:03PM -0400, Cristian Padilla Duff wrote:
| Thomas,
|
|       Aps.... ok ... now i get it, mmmm you need to see the documentation
| about how to create a mmsc with a MODEM (it's the same that you have ...
the
| only difference is that you are using a handset not a modem).
| But  do you want to use your server(kannel/mbuni) as mmsc and smsc ...
| that's what you want to do ?? receiving the mms in the same pc that you
are
| sending?? Or using internet to send him to other server?

| |
| |         If i am not wrong .. the correct way is this:
| |
| | To send MMS:
| |
| |     With a short number: you will need the autentification from the MMSC
| | (operator) to make this communication possible.
| |
| |     Using a Fake number from mbuni, you don't need operator, the only
| | thing you need is the url who you will call to make the mms and send it
| | the mobile.
|

| I don't have any authentification informations. I only know the
| MMS-Server-Url and the ip of the gateway and the port for wap.
| Or do you talking about doing nothing without creating MMS, like the
| procedure of wap push in kannel?

| |
| | To receive MMS:
| |
| |     There are 2 ways to do this:
| |
| |             With operator, by this way you will need to be configurated
| | in the MMSC in the operator with a URL of mbuni who will response with a
| XML
| | after the request of the operator (short number).
| |
| |             Configurate the mobile with the url of mbuni in the setup
| | part (mms server, internet configuration).
|
| I do not understand this. Isn't it, that I have to configure Mbuni with
| the same parameters like the sending mobile phone? if I configure the
| phone with the parameter of my mbuni, how could the mobile fetch the mms
| from
| its mmsc? then he don't know we to get it, or i'm wrong?

| |
| | I hope this information can be usefull for you
| |
| | PS: I some one read this and saw that I am wrong please ... do the
honors
| | and correct me .... Thanks
| |
| | Byez
| |
| |
| |
| | Hello,
| |
| | I read the userguide, but I am not sure if I realy need VASP or better
| | what I realy have to implement.
| | I want to be able to send MMS from my computer and be able to receive
| | MMS from other handsets.
| | Is it correct, that I only need the mmsc-url from my operator for
| | sending and have to setup a VASP-Server to receive my messages from this
| | MMSC?
| |
| | Thanks in advance
| | Thomas
|

| --
| This message has been scanned for viruses and
| dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
| believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.