Le 10/06/16 à 13:49, Jonathan Valliere a écrit :
> I've been working with NIO directly for many years and I haven't seen this
> issue in a very long time. The selector will spin out of control if there are
> no more file descriptors but that's not the fault of NIO.
>
> What OS is the issue appearing on?  What version of Java?

This has been seen on various OS, and various Java version. Check
http://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6403933.

If the underlying JVM is not anymore impacted by this problem, then the
existing code will never be a problem.

Now, if you can show us some code that makes teh selector spin out of
control, due to the lack of file descriptors, I would be pleased to test
it and take care of this specific use case.