I have an application using apache SSHD to send files via sftp (with the
SftpClient class). I have noticed that the performance was very poor and I
made a simple test comparing apache SSHD with Jsch, which gives much better
results (seven times faster!) comparable with the openssh implementation.

Even though the performance can be partly improved (~30%) by changing the
buffer size, for example, I haven't been able to match Jsch's performance
by a long shot.

Has anybody noticed similar performance issues using apache SSHD as a
client?

Do you have any suggestions to tune the performance, besides the buffer
size?

Nicola