I want to get the input stream of new uploads so I can send them to a
database instead of disk. The ftplet documentation states that in the
onUploadStart, we can get the input stream for the upload. However, I cannot
find how to get that stream from the two arguments.

Similarly, to do something equivalent for downloads, I followed the sample
code provided in the FAQ, where an outputstream is retrieved from the third
argument of onDownloadStart. However, in my libraries that method has only
two arguments.

I am using the following code versions:

mina-core 2.0.16
ftplet-api 1.1.1