Hi !

I am trying to implement a use case where I need to write the file in SFTP
server to  memory and process it without saving it on disk.

I have setup the SFTP server as per the instruction in the Apache site. All
works fine.

Having studied the SFTP in detail, I understand that as per SFTP protocol
the file write happens on a filesystem using the call with the following
parameters:

       byte   SSH_FXP_WRITE
       uint32 request-id
       string handle
       uint64 offset
       string data

where offset refers to the write location, the SFTP client is handled with.
So my understanding is that with SFTP protocol, it is not possible to write
to a in-memory structure like FIFO (named queue) where a offset is not
available. I tested this in my local system where I the file transfer
failed with "error: process_write: seek failed".

Is there a way that this can be achieved ?  I mean, the incoming file to a
SFTP server must not be written to disk, but it has to be processed as it
comes in (like reading a http stream). Any pointers to Apache documentation
is much appreciated.