Yeah - I’ve tried that.  What it does is set’s the root of the virtual
filesystem to a different spot for that user.  So if I set the defaultHomeDir
to target/sftp and the userHomeDir for my test user to target/sftp/home/user,
the “root” of the virtual filesystem is target/sftp/home/user.  What I need is
the root of the virtual filesystem to be target/sftp, and the initial/login
directory for the user to be target/sftp/home/user.

I think I need to set the “current directory” for the user when they login, but
I have no idea how to do that on the SSHD server.

Hopefully that helps describe what I’m trying to do.