David,

The `buf.mark()` and `buf.reset()` calls are dangerous when used in
conjunction with a dynamic call stack and are being removed from the MINA
Filter system to improve compatibility with the code you write.

1> Some things aren't being back-ported to 2.0.X, the SSL improvements are
one.
2> What call?  the mark() was removed, so it is not needed.
3> Shouldn't be necessary because you shouldn't have to change any of your
code.

Did removal of this mark() break your code?