I think it is not possible to combine tobago with facelets.
I haven't used facelets, but I think facelets are based on HTML-designed JSP source code.

Tobago on the other side abstracts from HTML. There are no HTML-Tags in the JSP source code. There are only abstract tags. The Renderkit converts it to HTML or any other ML.
The idea of Tobago is: The theme controls the look-and-feel of the page.

Udo

Mike Kienenberger wrote:
There's quite a few people using this framework.   Which license issue
are you needing to solve?   As I recall, tobago is just using a
different renderkit.   I don't think there would be any issues using
it with facelets.   You'd just need to set up a facelets taglib.xml
file for it, but that's true for all nonstandard JSF components. However, I haven't tried using tobago with facelets.

You'll probably receive more in-depth answers on the facelets users
mailing list.