Which service pack?

Udo

Peter Maas wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to get a basic myfaces application to run on weblogic 8.1 but without any luck yet. I googled arround a bit and found some contradicting bits on form but no 'THIS is how to to it, THIS is why'.

The problem I'm running into seems to be related to context initialisation:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError.
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java :822) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3236) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebAppServletContext.java:3181) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:3154) at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java:654) at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources (WebService.java:483) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInitService.resume(ServletInitService.java:30) at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java:131)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume (T3Srvr.java:964)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:359)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)

A forum on the sun site recommends the use of a specific listener, which is not included in the myfaces distribution... another post on yet another forum recommended the use of a different servlet ( net.sourceforge.myfaces.webapp.MyFacesServlet) which is no part at of the myfaces distribution either?

any help appriciated!

-P