ty richard - this is a bug. I just fixed this issue. The item's value
will be returned again instead of the label. I think most of us are
using NavigationMenuItem(s) to create the entire menu tree.
NavigationMenuItem is not an UIComponent, that's why it can't be
passed by the event.

regards
Thomas

Regarding your question, why the HtmlCommandJSCookMenu is returned as
source component. Well

--
http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -