Adding a message to the context for a clientId is not working. I saw in
the wiki page that the example matches my code. Can somebody give me a
hint what may be wrong?

Jsp:
<h:inputText id="refreshminutes"  binding="#{backingBean.myComponent}"
size="5" value="#{backingBean.refreshMinutes}" />
<h:message for="refreshminutes" showDetail="true"/>

Code:
context.addMessage(myComponent.getClientId(context), new
FacesMessage("test", "test"));

The test message never displays. But error messages from the validator
do, for example, when I enter a non-numeric value into the
refreshMinutes inputText.

Btw, if I use <h:messages globalOnly="false", then the test message
displays.

I tried version 1.09-m9 and 1.1.1.