Upon restoring a view from a saved state (see:
http://www.nabble.com/How-can-i-manually-save-and-restore-a-view%27s-state--tf1258390.html#a3414026
manually save and restore a view's state (by: Nico Krijnen)  I am seeing
something I don't understand....

I am binding a transient UIData variable to a <t:columns> tag.  When the
view is restored, the isRowAvailable() equals true and the getRowCount
equals the number of rows (6 in my case)....but the getRowIndex equals -1
even though the <t:columns> is iterating through all six rows.  (I know it's
iterating six times b/c I can see the call to navigatorBean.getMainItemCss
getting called six times - old school printlns!)

Anyone know the reason for this?

In the Managed Bean:

private transient UIData mainColumns;

In the .jsf

<t:dataTable var="mainMenu" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"
value="#{navigatorBean.navigatorBlankRow}">
        <t:columns value="#{navigatorBean.navigatorMainItems}" var="mainItems"
                styleClass="#{navigatorBean.mainItemCss}"
                binding="#{navigatorBean.mainColumns}">
                        <t:commandLink value="#{mainItems.name}"
                                title="#{mainItems.label}"

onmouseover="expandcontent('sc#{navigatorBean.mainColumns.rowIndex}',
this)" />
        </t:columns>
</t:dataTable>