Hello Madan,

tc:column is only for Columns inside of tc:sheet.
tc:cell is useful if there is a tc:gridLayout facet in the parent container to set spanX and/or spanY

tc:panel may have its own layout-manager.

A simple sample you can see here: http://tobago.atanion.net/tobago-example-demo/faces/overview/layout.jsp
You may click on the "view source" button in the footer.

Hope that helps,

Udo

madan chowdary schrieb:
Hi Volker,

Thnx for the reply...

Gone through the code, hope this would help me...

But can u suggest whats the best manner to write code with <tc:gridLayout/>

i need to display some textboxes and other components in a page.

Right now i am using <tc:cell/> .

But what does <tc:column/> does ? where can i use <tc:cell/> and <tc:column/>

can i use a panel instead of <tc:cell> ?

Regards,
Madan