Hi Christian,

I know the issue with the forEach. There are many aspects to notice with the interation stuff.

I've written a sample for tobago 1.0.x which works with the c:forEach from the JSTL. But this not works with Facelets and also not with JSP-Tag-Files (because scriptlets are not allowed).

I think we will find a solution for Tobago 1.1, but I can't promise it in the moment.

An other aproach might be using a binding to a UIPanel, an building the components with Java-Code.
That is not nice and has some pitfalls, but may a solution for you.

Hope that helps

Udo

Christian Groove schrieb:
Salut Udo,
Hi all,

let me explain the actual status of the Tobago development:

We have branched the development into the tobago-1.0.x branch and the
trunk which is the next major release.
looks like, ..... that i was wrong. Tobago is still alive, great.

The trunk (1.1.x) is an area of many refactorings and implementation of
new features. But the status is still alpha. Here is a list of issues
for the next major release:

* Reimplementation of the layout management:
(...)

Another topic you may not thought before. Please reactivate the foreach!
I had to code a database driven form with a couple of altering types
of input-fields and selection boxes.
The jsf-page was programmed as a dynamic formular engine. The taglib
met almost all requirements i needed, with one exception: foreach !!!

For this reason i hat to abuse the table tag, cause this was the only remaining container-element, that acts like a foreach. This solution had one drawback, the table size does not grow with its contents. So i estimated the size by couting the containing elements and patch the rows/size of the table, brrrr.

   [stage direction to the audience] time to boo Groovie

Voilá, that was the reason, why i needed foreach!

Groovy

Regards

Udo

Thanks for your good job. Does your company still uses Tobago ?