Hi Guy,

I'm using commandSortHeader in such manner

 <tm:commandSortHeader columnName="NAME"
                              action="#{customerSearchBean.actionSort}"

actionListener="#{customerSearchBean.processSortAction}">
            <f:facet name="ascending">
                <tm:graphicImage value="/images/ascending-arrow.gif"
rendered="true" border="0"/>
            </f:facet>
            <f:facet name="descending">
                <tm:graphicImage value="/images/descending-arrow.gif"
rendered="true" border="0"/>
            </f:facet>
            <h:outputText value="#{msg.jsp_search_customer_list_name}"/>
        </tm:commandSortHeader>

where actionListener method is common for all headers - it gets the name of
column and put the name as a orderCriteria
method which populates dataModel uses this orderCriteria in order to show
ordered data.