Hi to all,
The sample JFS using MyFaces Core 2.0.2 seems o work.
Now I wanted to try out, if it can handle the default page that is configured
in web.xml by enhancing
Welcme file list or even replace it.
<welcome-file-list>
  <!--  <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.html</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.htm</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.jsp</welcome-file>
  -->
    <welcome-file>login.xhtml</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

When I  use the URL
http://localhost:8080/CMK_JSF_TEST/
nothing is happening than a blank screen
when I use
http://localhost:8080/CMK_JSF_TEST/faces/
I get this error (and also an interesting error screen that gives me a nice
overview.

javax.faces.FacesException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/servlet/jsp/jstl/core/Config
       at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.context.ExceptionHandlerImpl.wrap(ExceptionHandlerImpl.java:241)
       at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.context.ExceptionHandlerImpl.handle(ExceptionHandlerImpl.java:156)
       at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:258)
       at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:191)
       at
       at
       at
       at
       at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
       at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
       at
       at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
       at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)
       at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/jstl/core/Config
       at
org.apache.myfaces.view.jsp.JspViewDeclarationLanguage.buildView(JspViewDeclarationLanguage.java:86)
       at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:66)
       at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:239)
       ... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.core.Config
       at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1680)
       at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1526)
       ... 16 more

Now I have two questions:

1.       When I see his exception it reminds me of the message getting in the
start up:
21.05.2013 16:52:42 org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator startLib
INFO: MyFaces-package : jsp-api not found.
Am I right that I need to install some further stuff of MyFaces and what is it
exactly?

2.       I am wondering that Tomcat does not use its possibilities, since I
know that Tomcat has its own implementation of JSP in general, because I also
played with JSP before as well...
Do I suspect correctly, that using JSF somehow needs a separate special
implementation concerning JSP? If so, how is that explained technically?

Thanks a lot for hints and answers in advance

Malte

 Disclaimer: The contents of this electronic mail message are only binding upon
Equens or its affiliates, if the contents of the message are accompanied by a
lawfully recognised type of signature. The contents of this electronic mail
message are privileged and confidential and are intended only for use by the
addressee. If you have received this electronic mail message by error, please
notify the sender and delete the message without taking notices of its content,
reproducing it and using it in any way.