Hi

> Hello all,
>
> We've come across an issue while trying to modify the
> javax.faces.SEPARATOR_CHAR - changing it to a non-colon character seems to
> break h:commandLink actions.  For example, with the separator character set
> to a hyphen "-", the following navigation does not work (the output link
> just triggers a refresh):
>
> <f:view>
> <h:form>
>         <h:commandLink id="link" action="toLink.html">
>                 <h:outputText value="Link" />
>         </h:commandLink>
> </h:form>
> </f:view>
>
> This can be observed in MyFaces 2.0.21, 2.1.15, and 2.2.4.  A workaround is
> to enable the context parameter
> org.apache.myfaces.RENDER_FORM_SUBMIT_SCRIPT_INLINE, however that parameter
> has been removed in the 2.2 branch.  (It's also not a particularly
> desirable workaround.)

Yes, that's the reason why we remove it. It was legacy stuff from 1.1/1.2 and
with 2.2 it is the right time to do a cleanup in the codebase.

>  The issue here seems to stem from the oamSubmit.js
> script; in that file there is a call
>
>     myfaces.oam.setHiddenInput(formName, formName + ':' + '_idcl', linkId);
>
> which explicitly passes uses a colon separator character.  In
> HtmlRendendererUtils.getHiddenCommandLinkFieldname, however, we have
>
>     return formInfo.getFormName() + UINamingContainer.getSeparatorChar
> (FacesContext.getCurrentInstance())+ HIDDEN_COMMANDLINK_FIELD_NAME;
>
> which will cause the wrong hidden field name to be searched, and the broken
> actions seen here.
>
> Is this a bug, or just an accepted limitation of javax.faces.SEPARATOR_CHAR
> use?  Thanks for any feedback!

It is a bug. We should not use UINamingContainer.getSeparatorChar(...) to
render that hidden field and enforce ':' instead. The reason is the intention
of use javax.faces.SEPARATOR_CHAR is to avoid the collision with css
when you use the ':', but in this case the intention is to create a hidden
field, with no real underlying component, so it is better to let ':' on the js
file. Please create an issue in MyFaces issue tracker and I'll fix it on all
affected branches.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES

regards,

Leonardo Uribe