Hello,

I've been tasked with looking into licensing for all FOSS components we use in
our project and can't really figure out the licensing information regarding
some of the XSD files in MyFaces.

We are currently using MyFaces 2.2.12, but this still applies to the current
version.

Both MyFaces API and impl contain "code from Facelets
(https://facelets.dev.java.net/) for the purpose of implementing Facelets PDL
for JSF 2.0 support.".

See:
-
https://github.com/apache/myfaces/blob/master/api/src/main/resources/META-INF/NOTICE.txt
-
https://github.com/apache/myfaces/blob/master/api/src/main/resources/META-INF/licenses/facelets-LICENSE.txt

What files does this apply to?

My guess is that this refers to web-facelettaglibrary_2_0.xsd, which appears to
be licensed under Apache 2.0 and only contains a reference to the XSD file from
Sun.

The impl also contains several XSD files that refer to XSD files from Sun.

See:
-
https://github.com/apache/myfaces/tree/master/impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/myfaces/resource

Pre-2.2.10 there was a paragraph regarding the java_ee_x.xsd files in the
NOTICE.txt.
"This product includes schema files developed for the Glassfish Java EE
reference implementation (http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/). [...]".
This has been removed in MYFACES-4024, but the files themselves still refer to
the files from Sun.
Some of the files seem to also have been typed in by hand to remove copyright
restrictions (see MYFACES-1582).

Are any of the XSD files still licensed under a different license than Apache
2.0?

Regards,

Stefan

CGS mbH
Consulting Gesellschaft für Systementwicklung mbH
Lange Str. 1
38100 Braunschweig
Mail i...@cgs-online.de<mailto:i...@cgs-online.de>
www.cgs-online.de