I assumed your app might be large, but a non-GUI Platform has only a few JARs,
you can probably build a classpath by hand and launch it with a .bat file or
something.

But if you know that other Java apps launch fine, it's clearly the launcher.

If you jump over to dev@ there was a discussion recently related to the Windows
launcher (by Eric Barboni I believe).

You might see if it's easy to rebuild it yourself (perhaps with more logging
options?) in order to see why it is failing in that container.

--emi