The 2 + 2 option makes sense to me. I'd be interested in hearing
people's thoughts about how this lines up with JDK releases:
* Is it better to do the NB testing after the general availability of
the JDK, or aim to have them released about the same time?
* What versions of JDK does Netbeans need to support, in terms of
developing/building NB itself, running NB and developing Java
applications using NB. (since there are alternatives to Oracle JDK I
suppose we don't need to be influenced by Oracle's support scheme)