Well, this is a bit unusual config.

The RSS reader is caching resources, just like a web browser.

The timestamp of the cache is saved in
./config/Preferences/org/netbeans/modules/welcome.properties ,
something like:

> www.netbeans.org/demos.xml=Sun, 08 Jul 2018 14:01:59 GMT

I assume you still have that timestamp, which makes NetBeans believe
you did cache the resource, but then you are lacking the cached file.

--emi