Using Apache Netbeans 10 to create a "Maven" -> "JavaFX Application" leads to a project which won't compile or run.

Have the default Maven project files been updated in Apache Netbeans 10 to work with JDK 11 and JavaFX? If not, can anyone point me to instructions for configuring the POM and the nbactions.xml file so that compile and run both work?

For what it's worth, I've followed numerous chunks of advice found online and I think I have the compilation step working now with the following dependencies added to the POM:

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.openjfx</groupId>
        <artifactId>javafx</artifactId>
        <version>11.0.1</version>
        <type>pom</type>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.openjfx</groupId>
        <artifactId>javafx-base</artifactId>
        <version>11.0.1</version>
        <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.openjfx</groupId>
<artifactId>javafx-controls</artifactId>
        <version>11.0.1</version>
        <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.openjfx</groupId>
        <artifactId>javafx-fxml</artifactId>
        <version>11.0.1</version>
        <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>

But calling on "Run" has led to a string of different problems, and currently my exec plugin configuration looks like this:

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>1.6.0</version>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <goals>
                <goal>java</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
    </executions>
    <configuration>
        <executable>java</executable>
        <mainClass>MainApp</mainClass>
        <release>11</release>
    </configuration>
</plugin>

But this is obviously still wrong because "Run" leads to a usage advisory being dumped to the console:

--- exec-maven-plugin:1.6.0:exec (default-cli) @ ExchangeLogViewer ---
Usage: java [options] <mainclass> [args...]
           (to execute a class)

Has anyone got a recipe for a working Maven JavaFX 11 project in Apache Netbeans 10 already?

--

Bob