On 26/11/2018 14:11, Glenn Holmer wrote:
On 11/26/2018 07:57 AM, Bob wrote:
You didn't get a warning about the package being unsigned? (I'll be
miffed if they've signed the Debian package but not the RPM package.)
No, I didn't. I installed from the command line ("dpkg -i
scenebuilder-11.0.0.deb").

Okay, inspired by your success, I decided that the indirect approach was worth a try. So I installed dpkg on my openSUSE machine, and then ran `dpkg --install scenebuilder-11.0.0.deb`. Amazingly it worked and, after telling Apache Netbeans 10 to use the /opt/SceneBuilder directory as the "Scene Builder Home", FXML files now have an "Open" option in their Netbeans context-menu which causes Scene Builder 11 to open.

(I'm wondering why so many online pages about installing .deb files in openSUSE refer to a tool called "alien" which no longer seems to exist, when it appears so easy to simply install dpkg and use that for Debian package installation.)

Now all that's left is to try to remember what it was I was trying to do with JavaFX in the first place.

--

Bob